Queenstown day 2

Queenstown Travel Blog

LOTR tour

Woke early and walked into town on my own - Emma and I had separate plans for the day.  In the morning I went on a Lord of the Rings tour called 'Safari of the Rings' where we toured around the local area in a little jeep by a guy who was an extra in the films (along with the rest of the NZ population!).  He was very friendly and knowledgable.

The tour was a round trip back to Queenstown but I was left in Glenorchy for my afternoon activities!  Found a random cafe in Glenorchy for lunch and then went for a walk around ending up at Dart Stables.  Had an awesome afternoon of riding in the most amazing place; Dart Stables were very helpful and friendly and happy to cater for any riding ability.

In the evening Emma and I went for a proper night out.  We started at the ice bar Minus 5 for some pre-dinner chilled cocktails.  Then went for food at The Cow restaurant, then back to the World Bar.  Met some lovely people in there and continued our night with them.  Went to various other bars; Lonestar (v empty, didn't stay long), Buffalo (stayed til closing), Tardis (dancing til the early hours!).

Glenorchy