Day 5 - Well, I haven't eaten any breakfast yet...

San Juan Teotihuacan Travel Blog

Today was our first tour and that was excellent as it would certainly help a lot so that my foot will get better.  Anyway, we woke up kind of late  so when we were dressed our guide was already there and we hadn't the chance to grab any breakfast. We left the hotel with the guide and a driver to pick up the rest of the people. For this tour we were only 7;a couple of Mexicans that live in L.A. and speak crappy spanish, three Argentineans (One from Buenos Aires and 2 from Patagonia, Carlos and I.

We went then on our way to Teotihuacan, but first we made a quick stop at the Plaza de las Tres Culturas to take a quick picture of how architecture from modern mexico, colonial mexico and prehispanic mexico mixes in a single place.

After that it was about 30 minutes on the highway until we arrived to a place where they showed us how pulque was made and also some clothing. As part of the demonstration I got to drink a shot of pulque and a couple of tequilas.

About ten minutes later, we reached the City of the Gods. At first when I saw the Sun Pyramid I thought I wouldn't make it all the way up. Once I was already at the top, I swore not to smoke ever again (but of course I did) and then started wondering how the hell I was supposed to go back down. After we walked around the pyramids we went to grab a bite to eat at a fairly good restaurant named Piramide Charlie's. Lastly, on our way back we went to the Basilica of Guadalupe and it was raining, just like every single day since we arrived. I liked it though.

pyramid of the moon
Avenue of the dead
avenue of the dead
avenue of the dead
San Juan Teotihuacan Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
When we took our tour to Teotihuacan (with the Mallorca travel agency) our guide took us to this restaurant to have lunch. I must say I loved the deco… read entire review
San Juan Teotihuacan