Day 4 - Would you cut off my foot please?

Mexico City Travel Blog

National antropology museum

Since yesterday my right foot has been aching, apparently I have some sort of muscular injury and it hurts like hell when I walk, but if someone else can do it, then I can do it too. The day started very early for us, because we wanted to go to Chapultepec and make the most of it. Before leaving I booked us a couple of tours for the next two days, because they were to far away places and I wanted to visit them without wasting any time.  Everything ok for my foot at first because we took a Metrobus and then used the subway to get to Chapultepec, so I hadn't really walked much.

We arrived so early that we had to wander for a while, because nothing would be open for another half an hour. I used this opportunity to walk around the park a little and take some pictures of squirrels that are quite abundant in there.

When we were making our way for the castle (which now is the national museum of history) we came across a couple of monuments for the niños Heroes. When the time to open was near, Carlos walked and I limped uphill to the castle. We infact arrived so early that we had to wait a couple mins for it to open, and still we got inside for free because we arrived early. I would've taken pics from the museum but they didn't allow any pictures at all in there.

I forgot to mention that at this time both my arms were also looking huge, because Carlos wanted to leave the window open at night. Therefore, both my arms were bitten by the mosquitos...actually one of my arms had about 30+.  Anyway, we we finished we walked through the park in the general direction of the Chapultepec Zoo (the most important in latinamerica) and were harassed by people trying to sell food and we decided to eat as we hadn't had any breakfast yet.

Then we continued towards the zoo while taking a few pics of the Lake or Lagoon, yeah that's more like it.

The rest of the day was spent half at the zoo and the other half at the national museum of antropology. At the museum I was able to enter for free showing my student ID, while Carlos (he studies at El Paso) had to pay the full ticket price. Lastly, when we returned to the hotel I watched a football match on TV while we rested for a while we ate hamburgers on one of the few businesses still open on the street near the hotel.

I love Llamas!
I love Llamas!
I love them too
I love them too
me at the National antropology mus…
me at the National antropology mu…
Chapultepec lake
Chapultepec lake
Chapultepec lake 2
Chapultepec lake 2
Chapultepec Castle (on the back)
Chapultepec Castle (on the back)
Chapultepec castle
pakal's tomb
niños heroes monument
niños heroes monument
Mexico City Sights & Attractions review
Chapultepec is really one of the must see places in Mexico City. It is a huge park that has one hill that has the Castle. The castle is now the Nation… read entire review