Day 3 - Slow Tempo for the day

Mexico City Travel Blog

Palacio de Correos

If yesterday was the best day to visit, perhaps Mondays are possibly the worst day you might choose to visit Mexico City. Mexico City is the city with most museums in the world...and most of them close on monday.  Knowing this, we decided to relax and sleep as much as we needed (or wanted) and then go have breakfast. Our breakfast was at a place we decided to adopt for the day, a place named Las Artes - el Café. We ordered a breakfast of Chilaquiles, mine with eggs and Carlos ordered them with chicken breasts, but I'll discuss this places later on one of my reviews.

After having an amazing breakfast we went full of energy and decided to make the most (or at least something) out of this slow day. We headed back towards the historic Centre to see if we could catch any museum open.

at Café Las Artes
We saw Iturbide's Palace was closed and so was the Mining Palace and the museum inside the Mail Palace. We walked around the Moneda Street and it was full of people, both just walking by and people trying to sell you stuff. Even if it sounds dreadful, I suggest you don't pass on the opportunity of doing this, because is the unique oportunity of feeling the apopalypse aproaching.

After all of that we went to the Mail palace to take some pictures of what was open for the public and got to see the kind of money they spent in building this place. I think its great to watch a place like this, but unfortunately everyday people use the mail less, so eventually it will be only a museum. When we exited the Mail Palace we walked around trying to find something, anything really, but we failed miserably and lost ourselves. When we got tired of that i started leading and got back to the hotel and then just went and dinner at Las Artes again, this time we had Swiss Enchiladas which were awesome but people should really stop me from eating anything with sauce because I might make a mess anytime.

From the top of our hotel 1
Cathedral viewed from Zocalo
at café Las Artes
at café Las Artes
Mexico City Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
This a small café we found near our hotel. We were looking for a place to have breakfast (and coffee for me) and decided to have breakfast there. We … read entire review