...and the rains came down

Munich Travel Blog

We woke up bright and early on the 20th to catch an Easy Jet flight to Munich.  We intended to spend the day in Munich sightseeing and check out the city a little before catching an evening train into Salzburg for the Austria portion of the trip.  A taxi cab was arranged for us through the inn we were staying in.  The wait for the flight was uneventful, as was the flight and we landed in Munich on schedule at about 10:15.  Getting through customs was quick and cheerless.  To be honest I didn't see a smile in all of the airport or the train ride to the main train station in Munich.  That being said...as we walked the streets looking at a map.  A gentleman immediately stopped and offered assistance.   That was nice.
  We ducked into a shop to get some cookies to munch and while we were in the rain began.
My entire view of Munich
  It started innocently enough before turning into a full fledged hail storm.  What!!  We, of course, had left our umbrellas in the locker of the train station and were forced to buy some new ones from a street shop where we were quickly given the "tourist in desperate need" discount  which is to say we were gouged.  The rain was relentless and eventually we headed back to the train station rather than make our way in the downpour.  As we waited it struck me that maybe we could catch a train sooner to Salzburg.  I went down to the customer service desk and 45 minutes later we were on a train to Salzburg two hour early.  I hope I make it back to Munich someday.
photo by: AleksandraEa