A glimpse into the near future...London

London Travel Blog

We arrived in London at around 8pm and went in search of our hotel.  Our hotel (The Fairway) was located very near the train station...nevertheless, we went the wrong way and had to turn around.  Check in was across the street, but was quick and soon we were in our new tiny home for the next two nights.  We were all pretty hungry so we headed out to find some food.  We passed a nice looking English Pub/Restaurant and decided on that because it had begun to rain.  I love this English method of going to the counter to order and pay and then have a seat.  I like that it takes the trying to get the waiters attention to order or pay, out of the equation.  Dinner was yummy and filling and we headed back to the hotel to shower and get ready for bed.  However, Jackie wanted to go out.  Angela was tired, so I decided to head out with her.  We walked for about 30 minutes and then chose this bar that had the rudest female bartender alive.  I guess because the bar was going to be doing last call in 10 minutes she didn't want to help us.  Anyway, we had one drink and talked and then made our way back to the hotel.  We had a good time.  So before I continue, I will say that Jackie is a very interesting person.  I like her spunk.  However, we had a bit of a disagreement back at the hotel, that hinted at a divide that would grow throughout the trip.  Our room was located on the ground floor in a very busy area, so people were outside constantly talking and smoking.  Me, Angela, and Ayanna all wanted the window closed, but Jackie just refused.  She said she couldn't sleep if it was hot.  I can understand her point, but when travelling with other people you have to make compromises.  So we made the compromise...tonight we would leave the window open.  We would soon learn that with Jackie, compromise is a one-way street.
London