In the beginning

Newark Travel Blog

Let me begin by saying that I am well aware of the fact that people, everyday all over the world, get on planes and travel to foreign lands all by their lonesome.  However, I would also like to point out that I am feeling a little nervous about joining those ranks.  Despite said nervousness - I have decided to do this!!

Since, I am a smart traveler; I took the first flight to Newark on Saturday morning.  While this was the smart decision it was also the boring decision.  I then arrived in Newark at 10 something in the morning and had to wait until 420pm for a flight to Amsterdam.  This left me plenty of time to march my ass right back to the counter and wait until my sister went to Paris.  However, since I was all decked out in my big girl panties, I bought a book and waited.  I have wanted to go to Amsterdam for years.  I have also wanted to travel overseas alone for about a year.  However, I have not, and still did not want to go to Amsterdam alone.  But, the opportunity is here and I am taking it.  Angela, Ayanna and Jackie (friend of Angela) are going to go to Paris on the 14th and I am going to meet them there the night of the 16th.  (I would like to point out that I have nothing against Paris, but I have already been there twice, and have never been to Amsterdam.)  I am going to spend 2 days in Amsterdam and then a day in Brussels (strictly to break up the long train ride) all by myself.  Hours go by and even though I know the flight has plenty of open seats in Business class; I start to get nervous.  Finally, they call my name -seat 2F - Jackpot!!!  As I board the plane, I can't help but wish I had somebody with me, but at the same time I'm glad that I didn't back out just because nobody was!

sweetsummerdaiz says:
I enjoyed reading your blog, nicely done.
Posted on: Sep 06, 2009