ICE train and homeward bound

Stuttgart Travel Blog

ICE train

I couldn't stay at the Deutsches Museum as long as I'd like because I had to catch my train back home.  My family was expecting me.  I hopped the super fast ICE (intercity express) back to Stuttgart.  The Stuttgart train station still had its nativity scene set up - that was kind of neat.  I caught the bus and then walked back to my aunt and uncle's house.  Once at home, my little cousins were in Alyssa-withdrawl so we spent the rest of the night playing.  I would be leaving early the next morning to fly back home.  I was flying out of Stuttgart, so I would be driven to the airport instead of catching the train.

As this was my first visit to Europe (and alone at that!), I felt like I learned alot.  I learned about the different cultures and how to get around by public transportation.  We don't have public transportation back home (I grew up in a smaller town) so learning to ride the buses and trains and reading metro maps was skill I didn't have before.  I gained confidence in my ability to navigate around unfamiliar cities.  I was happy I knew some German because that definitely helped me with my confidence.  I was nervous about Paris because I didn't speak any French, but I found that I could manage to get around anyway.   I learned how to travel more safely and smartly when traveling alone and I fell in love with Europe and especially Germany.  I can't wait to come back!

nativity scene