My Passport has ARRIVED

Columbus Travel Blog

I have now held my first passport in my hands. Looking at its blank pages waiting to be stamped in various countries I have waited to visit since being a little kid flipping through my sister's passport book, filled with stamps from Israel, Poland, England, Ireland...She had told me stories about these places, and so my head filled with dreams of these places. For some reason when I turned 16 I did not go to get a Passport...Not at 17 or 18 either..This year, I filed for one, not for regular delivery either but for EXPEDITED. My fear was that once I had a passport I would not be held back...Well an hour after receiving it...I am still here, although in an hour or so I may hop a ride to Canada...haha just kidding. But what once held me back from seeing the world and it's cultures, it's history...now will allow me to go out and see them. With some money of course, but I want to go...I want to backpack, see the world, you all on this site have inspired me with your tales, and pictures...and soon enough I will get to take pictures, sipping coffee at a Parisian Cafe, trying to hold up the Tower of Pisa, or reaching my hand out to a Giraffe in Africa. I am excited to say the least.
homeres says:
follow yer dreams kiddo, nobody can take your memories away!!
Posted on: Jul 15, 2009