The taste of a new kind of Duvel

Grimbergen Travel Blog

A Duvel Apero - a limited and special verion, carrying 9,5 degrees. A bit bitter but a good taste.

I was back in Grimbergen for the first time in a couple of months; last I was there it was at the same place for my friend’s birthday. The last two years I had been invited to a New Year’s party there as well in a magnificent old stable from the 16th century that had been totally renovated some years earlier. I had been stunned by the beauty of this place the first I was there.

The place was enormous; it could easily fit a gathering of more than 100 people. The place was more than 20 meters to the ceiling and the shire magnitude of the oak beams carrying the huge roof construction was totally impressive. When I was looking back in time this barn must have belonged to a quite wealthy farmer.

When I arrived at the New Year party at my friends in Grimbergen they had arranged a small surprise for me; as welcome drink I was given a Duvel Apero. The beer is a special brewed beer in 75 cl bottles that can be used as aperitifs instead of a glass of champagne or similar. The beer tasted quite good even though it carried the power of 9,5 degrees of alcohol; it had a slight bitter taste which I didn't mind.

Chokk says:
Yeah beer has that effect too!
Posted on: Jan 15, 2011
joehobo says:
I was a great beer drinker till my beer belly became too prominent...He he he.All said I used to enjoy discussing my drink too but over barbecue parties.
Posted on: Jan 15, 2011
A Duvel Apero - a limited and spec…
A Duvel Apero - a limited and spe…
photo by: Chokk