A stop for the night in the middle of nowhere

Bispingen Travel Blog

A cold König Pilsner after a rough drive through the road constructions of Germany

I was on my way to Copenhagen and following a road that had driven many times before. I don't know by now how many times I have done the route Brussels - Copenhagen or Copenhagen - Brussels but it must have been more than 30 times. I don't drive the same way all the time; it depends a lot about my mood and the traffic and road constructions. This time I left Brussels quite late and I had already quite early decided not to drive the whole way.

I often use a principle while I drive and I have to take a lay-over, and especially in Germany, and that is to drive until 21.45 and the take the first exit of the Autobahn and the find a small village 5-10 kilometres away from it. Quite often I have found some great places to stay for a good price; if the place has a restaurant it is even better because then they serve later and they are usually open a bit longer. It was the same that happen this time in Beringen; the hotel had a restaurant and there where people there.

I quickly checked in and went down to taste one of their beers, it was a König Pilsner which tasted like heaven after the drive so far.

A cold König Pilsner after a roug…
A cold König Pilsner after a rou…
Bispingen