Watching a square and a beer in Grandola

Grandola Travel Blog

In front of the city hotel - it was stinking hot, so the beer was becoming me well. I even have my Volvo in the back

Of all the pictures I taken of beers the last years I thing this one is one of my best. After having been on the beach most of the day I wanted to visit another of the cities in the surroundings; my looks fell this day on Grandola some 40-50 km from Santiago do Cacem.

The first that met me when I entered the city was huge billboard visualizing the beauty of the city. I had seen those before and they were usually taken on a special day that never will come back again. I entered the city and found it far from the poster. There were some nice places but nothing that said wow.

The coast of Grandola is one of Europe's best examples of a coastline that has seen little development.  This is one of the major reasons that I come here almost every year.

After driving around I decided to stay at the little but beautiful square in front of Hotel Dom Jorge de Lencastre. The hotel looked nice and they had nice sofa outside. I walked in and asked if I could have a beer outside and it was no problem. I enjoyed staying there and I had the sun right in my face which almost all local that walked by commented.

In front of the city hotel - it wa…
In front of the city hotel - it w…
photo by: Chokk