Taste of a Fusion

Copenhagen Travel Blog

A Fusion beer from Amager Brewery at Café Langebro in Copenhagen

I had been out having a good late lunch with two of my colleagues at the fabulous lunch restaurant Schønnemann. After the late lunch we continued to BoBi Bar and after that we went to Café Langebro.

At Café Langebro I tasted the Fusion beer from the Danish brewery Amager Bryghus, which was the first time for me. The beer held a nice golden amber color and the nose reminded me of fresh flowers with some citrus, bread and light honey. It was pretty rich for being beer with an alcohol percentage just over 6 percent. The taste flavor replicated the nose, with some light hoppy bitterness in the finish, but the beer feels light and fresh. It was a nice drinkable beer to end the day with.

Amager Bryghus is a microbrewery is located near the Danish capital, Copenhagen. There is absolute no doubt that they run the safest brewing enterprise in the Denmark as our premises used to be an air-raid shelter. Funny as well is that the premises also have been used for storing bibles, and the brewery therefore states that there reigns an atmosphere of divine tranquility only otherwise found in Belgian monasteries.

Founders of the brewery are the two friends and dedicated home brewers Mr. Morten Valentin Lundsbak and Mr. Jacob Storm, who since the opening of the brewery have achieved diplomas of their skills, as they have become Diploma Brewers at the Scandinavian School of Brewing

A Fusion beer from Amager Brewery …
A Fusion beer from Amager Brewery…
photo by: the_bill