Singha in Orlando

Orlando Travel Blog

Singha

I had been on a conference all day and I was looking for something to eat that could be served fast but also would be good. It was still raining like it had done most that week and I was therefore also looking for a restaurant where I could park just outside. I fell for Ayothaya Thai Cusine because it was Thai and I had not enjoyed Thai food since I was in Bangkok some weeks earlier.

I entered the restaurant asking two times if they were open, as I was the only one there and some of the staff were eating in the corner. I was given a table close to the kitchen and not far from the entrance so I could follow who were getting in and out. I quickly found out that they were running a popular take-away as well. I was given a Singha beer, while looking at the menu.

I quickly decided for the lobster as it seemed nice and the waitress asked me again if I wanted another beer, something that she was doing every third minute. Before I had my dinner more people came in, which I really appreciated; for some reason it feels wrong to be alone in a restaurant. It didn’t take that long before my main dish arrived and the plate was nicely decorated with the beautiful body of the lobster as the main eye catcher. The meat was taken out and I really enjoyed the juicy lobster, the vegetables and the rice.

It was quite a meal even though it was only lobster and I had enjoyed my time there and the fact that the restaurant had not been full. I was actually already quite full after the lobster, when I persuaded myself to finish my visit at Ayathaya with an ice cream. The ice cream was also nice and huge and after having finished it, I was both full and pleased. I decided that it was time to go out in the rain again.

The staff was friendly during all my dtayand very service minded. The interior was like a plastic Asia but what can you do with this ugly Orlando building desgn.

Orlando