Sapporo in Toronto

Toronto Travel Blog

A Sapporo in Toronto

I was back in Toronto and I felt quite used. It had been a long day of traveling and working at my hotel in Miami. I had been up at 3 am in order to handle a phone meeting with my colleagues in Denmark. I had rented a small car and I went straight for the hotel and up to my room where I got really disappointed, as there was no mini bar in the room and really needed a cold beer.

I had enjoyed the view from the bed of the skyscrapers of Toronto and had done a "grandpa" on the sofa - and I probably slept for 30-60 minutes. I decided that I needed to get something to eat and I could follow the Yonge Street from my window on 17th floor. I went down with a feeling of getting some sushi and much to my surprise there was one just opposite of the hotel.

I went in and ordered a whole lot of food; honestly I ordered too much because remembered the small but wonderful portions from my Hong Kong visit in January. I was really thirsty and therefore ordered a large can of Sapporo; which is supposed to be the oldest Japanese beer. Thee can was really nice but I prefer the beer inside. The beer was great and I therefore ordered one more shortly after.

photo by: yasuyo