Last beer in Belgium? - never!

Zaventem Travel Blog

Hoegaarden - waiting for a delayed plane to Copenhagen

It had been a long day; not that I had worked hard or anything, it was just my last day in Belgium as a resident. I was finally on my way to become a Dane again in Denmark and give up my wonderful expatriate life.

My last plane in this period turned out to be almost an hour late, just like many other planes I had taken the last 3½ year. This time I had anticipated it because snow had fallen all night in Belgium and then I know that delays are bound to happen, but I was in no hurry.

I checked-in in good time; I bought myself a couple of bottles of champagne in the tax free shop to dwell over on a day where I would miss Bruxelles to much.

I entered the lounge; one of few benefits of travelling a lot, and found myself a cold Hoegaarden and a view over the terminal so I could see the delayed plane arrive from Copenhagen.

This was both a happy and a sad beer; happy due to the great years that had passed and a sad due to the fact that I was saying a real goodbye to Belgium for the first time in a long time, but I am sure I will be back very often.

Hoegaarden - waiting for a delayed…
Hoegaarden - waiting for a delaye…
Zaventem