Saint Marys Travel Blog

A Landshark in Saint Marys

I had been to Frostburg, MD where I had bought some different beers and was heading for Buffalo, NY but could see on my GPS that I would not be there before midnight and after driving for an hour in the dark I decided to look for a hotel on the road I was driving.

It didn’t take long before I saw a Best Western sign in the outskirt of St. Marys, PA and I went for it. The parking was quite full but I went in anyway. Inside a young guy was sitting at the reception; he asked if I was a member of triple A; I didn’t know what that meant but I had a Best Western member card and that gave me a discount of 10%. The guy asked for my zip and I told him it didn’t matter because I was from Denmark. He looked at me and asked in which country that was and again what the zip was for Denmark.

I gave him my social security card with my address on and that kept him busy for the next 10 minutes. I was given a room on the 2ndfloor and I asked if there was any place to eat there even though it was after 10 pm. He suggested Wendy’s across the road. I went upstairs thinking about his suggestion and started by having a beer that I had bought earlier that day. I had bought some beers that I never had tasted before and one of them was the Landshark, a lager that actually tasted quite good.

Chokk says:
Thanks Hector - I tell you, when I came back later and there were 10 people in line for check-in I was quite happy that I had passed the stress test of the clerk !
Posted on: Sep 12, 2011
nyprne says:
Your beer tales are wonderful. The check in process you had encountered atthe Best Western was hilarious.
Posted on: Sep 12, 2011