The Kapuziner from Bamberg

Bamberg Travel Blog

A dunkel Kapuziner in Bamberg

I had been driving all day since the morning in Germany; I had visited great places like Dresden and Pirna and it had been time to find a good place to have a nights rest. My first target had been to find something in Bayreuth but I had been quite disappointed by my first impression. I checked my GPS and found a city that I didn’t know but where there were two rivers that met. My guts told me that it could be a good place.

I arrived late in the evening but I was instantly taken by the cities charm and old city centre which I found looked like a museum. I decided to stay and also decided to find a place outside the city because I was too tired to go out and have a party in the city centre anyway.

I drove 5km outside the city centre and found a good place. Everything in the hotel looked closed but I asked if it was possible to get something to eat at the hotel and they agreed even though I was the only one there. The first thing I ordered was a cold dunkel Kapuziner and it was just what I needed.

Chokk says:
Completely true - I still find these places every time I drive around
Posted on: Jul 13, 2009
Lord_Mike says:
This is what I love best about Europe....the simple amazement you experience when visiting small towns....small towns today, but might have been large cities back when....
Posted on: Jul 13, 2009