A Jamaican Red Stripe at Caesars Hotel in Windsor

Windsor Travel Blog

A Jamaican Red Stripe in Caesars Hotel

I had booked the Caesar Palace for my last night in Windsor; I had booked it the week before and found a so-called hot deal on their web site. The price for a river view king size room was 139 $, which I found a fair price. The hotel and casino had free parking and I took a space at the 4thfloor of the 6 story high parking house. I was amazed how many cars that were parked in the hotel parking, but according some locals the parking used to be full all the time before the crisis.

From the parking there was a bridge above the road into the casino; all over there were signs stating that you had to be over 19 years old to enter. At the end of the bridge 2 guards were greeting me and I focused on the signs towards the check-in of the hotel. The arrows brought me up and down some roller escalators and I had to walk through the whole casino before I reached a huge lobby with loads of check-in counters. There was a long queue before I was able to register and all I had to do was to confirm my credit card and show some picture id.

I was given a room in the tower hotel that was situated close to the parking, so I had to do the walk back again before I could take the elevator of to the 6th floor, where my room was situated. The room was really nice and I really liked the view towards Detroit.

When I was in Frostburg, Maryland a week earlier I had bought a 6-pack of Jamaican Red Stripes in a local liquer store. Since I was in Jamaica in May this year I had not tasted a Red Stripe so I was looking forward to sit in my room and enjoy the taste of Jamaica and look at Detroit from a wonderful hotel room.

A Jamaican Red Stripe in Caesars H…
A Jamaican Red Stripe in Caesars …
photo by: diisha392