A Heineken in Cafe Die Twee

Hertogenbosch Travel Blog

A Cold Heineken in Hertogenbosch

I was attending a two-day workshop in Ravenstein together with some of my colleagues. We were just 11 persons attending and already the first afternoon we were on a site visit in Hertogenbosch, which was 45 kilometers from Ravenstein.

The weather was really great, much better than we had been used to in Denmark. All the squares in the city were filled with people sitting outside drinking beers and cold drinks. Luckily we were finished with out field trip 40 minutes before our pick-up.

Being there as a large group we had to settle with an outdoor café that was situated in the shade this afternoon. It didn’t matter too much and sitting in the middle of a walking street was great enough.

The bar had an okay beer selection with mostly Belgian beers and the mainstream Dutch Heineken, which I settled for. The best thing that I observed about this place beside the location was that the service was swift and that is something that you really appreciate when it is hot outside and you really long for something cold to drink.

Chokk says:
Hertog Jan is a great beer - I remember that I had it the day before in Ravenstein
Posted on: Jan 16, 2012
Daevona says:
You should drink Hertog Jan when you're in Holland: best beer of the country! :)
Posted on: Jan 16, 2012
Chokk says:
Tim - I was working! Can't drink the lovely Belgian stuff and work afterwards :D
Posted on: Jul 19, 2011