Having a beer in a relaxing hotel

Pelzerhaken Travel Blog

A nice glass of fresh Flensburger beer

I was on my way to Prague in order to meet some of my friends who were taking the train down but as I was heading for Vienna afterwards I had decided to drive there. In order not to be too tired when I met them I decided to head a bit down in Germany after work so I would have a shorter ride to Prague the following day. My goal was to take 3 to 4 hours off the total drive of 10 hours by getting a bit down in northern Germany. As I knew that I would have a long day at work I quickly decided that my target close to Neustadt in Holstein, so I booked my hotel there through Booking,com.

I arrived at the hotel around 8.30 pm and it was pretty dark but my GPS guided me straight to the hotel along some small and narrow roads close to the water. The hotel was a typical German hideout with spa and wellness and being a bit out of season I expected there to be loads of elderly German wellness seekers and my expectations were soon to be met. I had some issues finding a parking space near the hotel as there were loads of parking houses and fields with signs stating that parking were forbidden and the car would be removed. I therefore went to the reception and received some help; their parking was located 150 meters from the hotel.

At the reception they were extremely friendly, and they found my booking quite fast. They sent a bellboy along with me to show me the room, which I was quite happy about because the path to my room was not the easiest even though it was located on the ground floor. My room was really nice and colored in bright colors, which is something I really like. The bathroom was really nice and quite large. Like most of the hotels I have stayed at in Germany, everything worked like the power of the water in the shower and so on.

The room had a nice double bed, not the most comfortable but nice with a very colorful headboard. The room was in general colorful with yellow walls, blue chairs and red pillows. The room had a good relaxing feel to it, and there were some nice bathrobes and slippers on the bed as well as I entered. The room was facing the water and there was a small terrace in front of the room with two sun-chairs.

I left the room very fast as I wanted to have something to eat and I was afraid that they would close the kitchen before I had a chance to get some food from there.

The restaurant was quite large and it looked really pleasant, actually like a real restaurant and not just a hotel diner. I was offered a two-person table in the middle of the room; the table was nice and square, made of dark wood with a nice table decoration. I was quickly given a menu and a wine menu and I ordered a cold beer before I looked at it. I quickly decided that I wanted a salmon tartar as a starter and a sirloin steak as a main course. I also decided to have some red wine and I found a German red wine that I liked to try. Most of the other guests were at there dessert or coffee and it would not take long before I was the last one there.

My food was really nice; the salmon tartar was served with a nice salad, with sweetened balsamic dressing. The steak was fabulous and you could cut it by just looking at it; it was served on a bed of spinach and potatoes. The meal was tasteful and plentiful; I really enjoyed it.

The next morning I joined the restaurant in order to have some breakfast but having the great meal from the day before in mind I was quite disappointed about the quality of it. If I had not eaten there the day before I might have looked more positively at the breakfast, but the breakfast was inclusive the price of the room. The parking was free and the Wi-Fi as well and it worked quite well.

A nice glass of fresh Flensburger …
A nice glass of fresh Flensburger…
photo by: Chokk