First stop on my road trip to Gibraltar

Toulouse Travel Blog

A cold blurry beer in Toulouse

It was my first stop on my way down to Cordoba and Gibraltar. I wanted to visit Toulouse because I had often just driven by on my way down to Spain or southern France. I arrived pretty late it was after 10 pm and I had just found a Best Western hotel in the city centre.

I wanted to go for a beer to signal that my holiday had started.

The city centre was supposed to be just around the corner but I don’t think that I made it that far. The neighbourhood was not the best, but who cares; just around the hotel there were poor homeless people lying in the shade of the street lights under stairs or building constructions.

I walked pass the bus station and fell for a bar called the Crystal Bar; they had good music and the ambiance seemed good; even the owner was in a pretty good party mood chasing down some young women and constantly changing the music for something better in order to have the ladies smiling.

I took a cold beer and a local newspaper and in general enjoyed the intrigues that were occurring in front of me. I even decided for a second beer before I went back to my hotel the same way I got there.

Toulouse