Finally a cold beer in Cologne

Cologne Travel Blog

A Reissdorf Kölsch at the hotel bar.

I arrived after midnight at my hotel in Cologne pretty agitated; I was both tired and unsatisfied.  I had actually booked another hotel, which was closer to the conference area where I would spend the next two days but the first hotel had made something wrong with their booking system, so I had to change Hotel Modial am Dom.

There were several reasons for my bad start at this hotel; I had started the day travelling to Stockholm and had been there all there day and had taken a plane to Düsseldorf via Copenhagen and I had rented a car in Dusseldorf in order to drive Cologne a city I had visited many times. Due to the construction of the metro in Cologne it had taken me more than 40 minutes getting from one hotel to the other.

As soon as you got in to the hall I could see that this once had been a great hotel. The receptionist was informed about my arrival and tried to save the situation as good as he could. He gave me a room in the quiet wing as he said and I went to my room on the 3 floor.

I went up and left my stuff there and went down the bar which was open a bit longer; I needed to get some of my irritation out of the body before I went to bed. The bar was nice and there were only two other guys there. The ceiling in the bar was really nice and colourful and otherwise it looked like a nice classic bar. What really counted was that they had some of the good Kölsch beers which I like; I ended up having two small beers before I went to bed.

A Reissdorf Kölsch at the hotel b…
A Reissdorf Kölsch at the hotel …
Cologne