EuropeItalyCuneo

Cuneo was a pleasant surprise

Cuneo Travel Blog

American beer in Italy

Cuneo was a pleasant surprise but I also have to admit that these mid size Italian cities are becoming more and more my prefered spots to find hotels in when I drive around Italy. I managed to get a hotel located on the Town Square and with a parking just next to the hotel on the same square. The square is named Piazza Galimberti and it is the town's central square beautifully ringed with arcades. The hotel was nice even though it had seen its best days buy the staff was friendly and the service quite high. The consierge made sure that my car was parked correctly as there was a huge market on the square as of 6 am the following morning.

My room was pretty small but it also confirmed my hisitation on booking single room occopancy as my experience is that find you the smallest room somewhere unhandy like under a staircase or something. I am getting bias having traveled and stayed in hotels all the time. I was given a room on the flipside of the hotel in a building that was located in a side street and when I removed the curtains I was looking straight into the stairs of the backside fire escape; good in case of a fire though but otherwise it seemed like I had bars on my windows.

The room had a queen size bed in the middle of the room and there was not much space around it. I tested the wifi, also to get more aquinted with the city that I never had heard about before I entered it.

Cuneo