Breda in Guernsey ?

Saint Peter Port Travel Blog

A cold Breda was what they had

I arrived in my hotel in Saint Peter Port around 6 o'clock in the late afternoon and I was quite pleased with my hotel room. The hotel room was really nice and big; overlooking the roofs of the city and the waters surrounding the island. The hotel manager had told me that the restaurant in the hotel was open and I was ready to give a test. The restaurant was situated behind a door next to the reception and I was quite curious what to find behind it. I was pretty amazed when I open the door and found a huge restaurant full of people.

There were at least 50 70 seats in the place and there was a 10 15 meter long bar. I took a table just inside the bar where I could read the menu that was written on the wall. They had a quite large menu and I went for an avocado and shrimp salad as a starter. The salad was good but I was amazed about how tasty the avocado was; it was perfect which I found it very seldom to be. As a main course I went for the scallops in bacon with mashed potatoes. I never had scallops in bacon before but it will not be my last. They had stewed rhubarbs for dessert and I had not had that for ages and I therefore went for that, which was no mistake. The kitchen had done quite good job, the food was not just good it was also fair to the price as well. I had beers accompanying my meal and I tasted two local great beers.

After my dinner I was heading for the city and here I entered The Swan, which turned out to be a nice traditional British pub situated on St. Julian’s Avenue. The bar was quite cozy and a place where you can have a good traditional British meal as well. The interior was cozy with small tables in groups shattered all over the ground and lower floor. The girls serving in the bar were nice and friendly but not the usual small talkers. The bar had loads of different beers as well and a couple that I had not tasted before. I went for the Breda, which was tasty beer after my walk. There were not that many people in the bar because I arrived just after the kitchen had closed and the before the evening crowd arrived.