Arriving in Toronto

Toronto Travel Blog

A Molson in my hotel room at Marriott Downtown in Toronto

I arrived in Toronto just after lunch; I had flown in from Frankfurt after I had left Copenhagen in the morning. I had rented a car in the airport and I had downloaded the entire map of USA and Canada on my Garmin GPS or so I thought. When I finally made it work in the car I found that it had only 2 roads indicated in the Toronto area, which naturally wasn’t according to the truth.

I knew that I had book the hotel close to the CN Tower and Bay Street seemed like a big street when I booked. I was following mostly by coincidence the awesome Queen Street until I bumped into Bay Street. The Marriot Toronto Down Town Hotel was huge and I drove into the parking area just at the main entrance.

After arriving in my hotel room I wanted to use the Internet and get something cold to drink. Much to my surprise there was not any minibar; more and more hotels seem to abandon that. I guess it gives a lot of administration and people cheat with them. I my case I was just damn disappointed because I had really looked forward to it because I was really thirsty.

I called the room service and ordered a couple of beers and 15 minutes later they where brought to my room by a really friendly waiter. They were in a bucket of ice and they were just what I needed.

A Molson in my hotel room at Marri…
A Molson in my hotel room at Marr…
photo by: yasuyo