Arrived in Paris and walked the cold empty streets

Paris Travel Blog

A Japanese Asahi beer at Gan Sushi

I had left a cold Copenhagen late Sunday afternoon just to meet a cold Paris some hours later. I was pretty tired already when I landed but the idea of being back in the city of cities help on my mood.

I had taken the RER from CDG and had gotten off at Gare du Nord. The RER had stopped on all 11 stations before it reached the Central Station and the train had been absolutely crowded with wet freezing people almost standing on each other.

At Gare du Nord I decided to take a taxi because I had not really examined where the hotel was situated other than in 1st A; when I stepped out to the taxi queue I laughed a little because due to the rain it was longer than 75 meters. Well I had no option but to get in to it and do my part. It went pretty fast; I got my taxi after 20-25 minutes and the trip to my hotel didn’t last longer than 5-10 minutes and finally I could get settled in my room.

The hotel was small but my room was quite big and nice. I left after having unpacked my stuff; I was going to stay there for 3 nights anyway.

I walked around in the neighbourhood; an area that I really enjoy of Paris; the Palais du Royal and the theatre area with loads of small cafés and restaurants. Most of them were closed though, since it was Sunday evening. The area is also a favourite with the Japanese population and it is crawling with sushi restaurants.

I decided to enter the Sushi Gan and eat there, but first I needed a cold beer. I choose the Asahi which is a nice easy lager. The meal was great too and I returned to my hotel room and relaxed for the rest of the night.

Chokk says:
Posted on: Nov 25, 2010
sUrAbUyA says:
Today is American Thanksgiving on Asian time here in hot, sweaty Bangkok. I am missing Thanksgivings at home in Chicago where I grew up that felt like the day you described here. For just a moment while reading this blog I could almost feel that kind of day.
Thanks for such realistic writing!
Posted on: Nov 25, 2010