Another day - another beer

Sarasota Travel Blog

Smuttynose IPA

I had been driving around the west coast of Florida most of the day and I targeted Sarasota as my stopover for the night. About 20 minutes before I arrived in the city I stopped and checked on the Internet where to stay the night, my choice became Courtyard by Marriott Sarasota Bradenton that had some really good ratings.

The hotel was not hard to find even though it was hidden behind a small park. It is located quite close to The Ringling Center for the Cultural Arts. At the reception I had some small issues due to my booking was faxed to the wrong number but I called booking.com, with whom I had booked the hotel 20 min earlier and they fixed it pretty fast, but while they where fixing it I went to a restaurant that was recommended by the reception.

In-Heat Wheat Hefe Weizer

I found the restaurant quite easily, it was not that far away and I had just pased it less than 15 minutes ago. The restaurant was quite full when I entered, which was a nice sign. I was greeted at the entrance to the restaurant floor by a smiling girl. I asked if I could get something to eat. She looked at a guy that nodded and said yes. On my way to the table the guy came towards me and he explaited that he was the manager. He asked if I knew the concept and I had to regreat and say no. He told me that it worked like alsost every restaurant that I had visited for years. I sat down and was given a menu, and ordered a beer straight away. I had seen that they had quite nice ones on their beer list, and some that I never had seen before.

I returned after my dinner just at the same time a large group checked in at the hotel, so it took some time before I could check in.

Flying DOG
The sweet girl in the reception remembered me and I was pretty fast given a room on the second floor just next to the elevator. I asked at what time the hotel bar closed and I was told that it closed at 10 pm. I was almost speechless, because the restaurant closed at 9.30 pm and now this. I therefore asked the girl what they do after dark, and she just laughed and said that she never went out,

The room was nice, and I liked straight away the calm colors, which differed a lot from the standard rooms I had the other days. The room, even the bathroom was colored in soft red. The centerpiece in the room was naturally the large king size bed, which is the thing I like the most of staying at hotels in the states. There was a large flat screen and nice desk from where you could work. I had arrived at the hotel close to 10 pm so everything was pretty calm. I was located almost straight above the reception and the parking in front of the hotel was also quite calm.

The hotel was nice and I didn’t even use the pool and spa, the Wi-Fi worked well and you had parking just in front of the hotel, and if you were flying in to Sarasota then you had the airport just across the road.

Sarasota