As Johnny Drama would say, VICTORY!!!

Dallas Travel Blog

We arrive in Dallas at midnight. We drove about 30 hours to get there, flying at over 100 mph. Ironically, we didn't get pulled over by the police until I parked my car. We had to pick up a friend at a motel, and I parked the Hyundai on the curb. As I was standing around, two cop cars surround us, and the officers begin interrogating us. Luckily, they just tell us to scram, even though I had no idea what we were doing wrong. But I guess in Texas, we do look pretty suspicious. We meet up with another friend in Dallas and drink, catch up . People in Dallas are incredibly warm, friendly and hospitable. The city itself is clean and composed of virtually new buildings.

We spent all of Sunday in Dallas. Arjun and I caught up on sleep, and we met up with other friends at an all-you-can-eat brunch. After many fast food meals, fresh fruit, waffles, omlettes, and all this amazing Tex-Mex cuisine was right before us. I must have had two meals and more mimosas than I can count.

At night was the big game: the number one seed Dallas Mavericks versus the number eight seed Golden State Warriors. I have been a Warriors fan since I can remember, and my beloved team has finally made the playoffs, the first time in 13 years. I was going into the heart of the enemy. Luckily, Dallas fans are incredibly nice, and even though I was heckling and rooting for the Warriors all night long, no one gave me trouble. In the end, the Warriors WON, dealing an upset to the best team in the NBA.

Even if the Warriors had lost, I would have enjoyed every minute of the trip.

kchong says:
that is so random!
Posted on: May 02, 2007
Eric says:
Wow man, what a crazy trip. Can't believe you actually drove all that way for a brief stay. At least the Warriors won. Put up some photos! :)
Posted on: Apr 23, 2007