AsiaChinaSuzhou

Just for the day

Suzhou Travel Blog

Today while I was getting ready, Marlene was up. I asked if she wanted to join me in Suzhou and she said sure. It was only about 45 minutes on the train to get there which was really nice. I don’t know if we didn’t go to the right places, but I wasn’t overly impressed with Suzhou. It was supposed to have canals and floating towns, but we didn’t find any of those. There was an eight story pagoda that we climb to the top off. We kind of wandered around for awhile too. It had a nice view of the garden next door and of the city. We got to a different garden that didn’t look that impressive and seemed expensive for a garden so we didn’t go in. It was nice to have someone to spend the day with and have the company of. On the way home, we were sitting in different train cars and Marlene made some friends. Marlene is in China to try to find a job teaching English somewhere in Asia, so her new friends said they would help her get a phone. I went with, but it took way longer than I thought it would. I did find some Blu-Ray discs for Mike. (He claims they are ok, but not great copies- for the price, it’s ok!)
Suzhou