Spent too much time here

Shenzhen Travel Blog

The next morning I hung out in the dorm talking to the girls. Bonner was leaving that night, Caroline was leaving to fly to Canada as soon as she could pull herself out of bed, and Marlene ended up moving to a six-bed dorm. It was fun to just hang out and talk with them. We all slowly made our way to spend the day as we wished. I booked my flight to Shenzhen (about 20 hours by train!) and then headed to the Yu Garden and bizarre. It was drizzling off and on, but nothing too bad. The bizarre had the same junk that most other places had. I found a nice Mah Jong set for Sarah (she teachers Joy Luck Club, only seemed appropriate!) For lunch I got some dumplings as I presume one of the best places since there was a huge line all day long. They were really good, but I got 16 in a serving- where was Mom to share my meals? I saved the rest for dinner, though they weren’t as good later in the day as when they were hot and fresh. The gardens were beautiful. They had a really relaxing feel to them and great landscaping.

The rest of the afternoon I hung out at the hostel reading and relaxing. I was feeling a little lethargic and needed the break. As I was still sitting there, Bonner came back for a little bit. She said there was a bridge with a good view she wanted to check out so I went with her. It was a really great view of the water and the lights from the Bund reflecting off it. When I got back to the hostel my new set of roommates were there- three girls from the UK who have been traveling almost four months together.
Shenzhen