Lori gets a little crazy - 'When in Oz..'

Bunbury Travel Blog

So this morning we were up early with intentions of seeing the dolphins come into the bay. Unfortunately the bad weather and rough water kept them away so that was a little disappointing! From there we went for a coffee at Dome and hung out for awhile enjoying the sun that shone infrequently. After our hit of caffeine we went over to a little photography gallery. Ben Knapinsky is an amazing photographer who takes beautiful photos of W.A. Seriously, google him!! So we admired his work for awhile before hitting up the Japanese take away. Lori with her sushi and I with my rice!

We took our lunch down to the beach and sat on the grass enjoying lunch and feeding the scabbing seagulls wasabi (hilarious!). They still came back for more believe it or not! We then took a walk on the beach.

Trying to stay upright
We were hoping the weather would have been nice like it was yesterday and had bought/worn out bathers. Unfortunately the weather was a bit colder and the sea was pretty rough. So we thought we'd just enjoy a nice walk along the sand. Not for long. I'd turned my back and next I knew Lori was stripped off down to the bathers crying 'When in Oz'! Crazy camerican!!! She actually went in. Like an over excited labrador she jumped through the white wash and got knocked down many a time by some small but strong waves. It was hilarious. She enjoyed a swim (pounding) for about 10 minutes before getting out. The water was actually quite nice, but the wind was cold.

After leaving the beach I subjected her to some more cold by climbing up the look out tower (our Eiffel Tour!!) to get some good views of Bunno! From the tower you can see down the coast, out over the harbour and the city.

Lori and I
It's pretty small... just incase anyone took my Eiffel Tour pun seriously.

After our day in Bunno I took Lori home to shower and get warm. We then went to visit my friend Emma who has a pet snake! Its a little Stimpsons Python, small, harmless and very cute. I thought Lori would appreciate seeing it but probably wouldn't get anywhere near it. I was wrong, as Lori impressed my by holding the curious creature we tried to lick her face and entwined itself around her arms. We tried to feed skittles a dead mouse but he wasnt interested. Was a great day, and I found a new appreciation for my hometown that I hadnt really had before.

Bunburys Back Beach
Bunbury's Back Beach
Walkin in the white wash
Walkin in the white wash
Crazy lady
Crazy lady
Bunbury from the lookout tower
Bunbury from the lookout tower
The lighthouse from the lookout to…
The lighthouse from the lookout t…
Bunburys iconic milk carton!
Bunbury's iconic milk carton!
Bunbury