Kangaroolaroolaroo!

Bunbury Travel Blog

Lori and the Roo

Sunday was a hangover day.. we ate lotsa turkish bread, cheezles and drank choc milk!! Hahaha.

Monday however was a day for some sightseeing! We got up late and headed into Bunbury to the Big Swamp Wildlife Park. I used to volunteer there as child so it was interesting to go back and see how much had changed. It was more exciting however to see Lori's reaction to a Kangaroo!!! We went into the park and checked out some birds. Jack, a short billed corella who was there 10 years ago when I worked at the park is still there!!!! Sadly he doenst call my name anymore :(

Then we found some Roos lounging around in the sun. Haha, Lori was so excited to finally see, pat and feed one! She must have taken a billion pics of this roo.

Elvis and I
We continued around to the walk-in bird aviary where we fed some of the parrots. Then Lori fell in love with a Wallaby joey, which I have to admit was adorable!

Once we got to the Emu enclosure I got excited. Elvis, my fave Emu is still there and alive. God know whats the life expectancy is of and Emu but he's very much still there. With a little Elvis curl on his forehead and a fondness for falling asleep on your shoulder, I knew it was him and I was happy to be reunited with the big bird, while Lori regarded us both with apprehension. Eventually I got her to stroke his warm beak. We continued on and finished our tour of the park, stopping once more to see the roos. It was nice to be back at the park, even better to see two birds I knew so well once upon a time.

After the wildlife park we went into town for lunch and wandered around. Did a little shopping, having not had much of a chance to do so in Perth on the weekend. We headed back home for dinner and onto my friends house. She was hosting a tupperware party. Now I have no interest in tupperware what-so-ever but it was nice to catch up with some of the girls!

Me and the Roo