Friday

Grand Lake Stream Travel Blog

One of the Fawns
After eating breakfast and tyding up the camp a bit we left to go shopping in Woodland, and Calais.  On our way out of camp we saw a doe when we got out to take pictures we noticed she had 2 fawns, she was very cool about having her picture taken at first but then she looked like she had had enough so we got back in the truck and proceeded on our way.  Our first stop was Knock on Wood, which a neat little shop in Woodland.  They have a variety of items, but the first thing I headed for was Fudge, I also bought some Ray's Mustard, which is made locally and some Red Pepper Jelly, also made locally.  My aunt how arrived the night before also bought fudge, and an Airstrem camper birdhouse, My other aunt bought fudge, for my little cousin, and a crystal doorknob birdhouse.  We spent about 45 minutes looking around at all the different things before we headed into Cailais to fill the propane tanks and do some last minute food shopping.  After a fun day of shopping we headed back to the camp to start prepping food for the cookout.    We mixed some drinks and sat in the screen house talking for awhile before everyone went to bed.
The doe and a fawn