Thursday

Grand Lake Stream Travel Blog

On our way into camp
After arriving home from Philly just 2 days prior, I decided to go with my mom up to the lake for the holiday weekend.  One of my aunts, and my youngest cousin were already at the cabin.  So on Thursday we drove up to the lake, which is only about 3 hours from where we live.  The ride was pretty much uneventfull, but the minute I got there I wanted to do some fishing.  So I drove my cousin and I down to the Pine Tree Store to get our licences, and some bait.  When we got back to camp I realized I did not have any equipment it was sitting right where I left it, which was at home in my garage.  So we headed back to the Pine Tree Store to pick up 2 rods and reels, hooks, and swivels with clasps, then back to the camp.
Our fish Mc Tasty, and Mc tasty Jr
  After I got the rods all set we walked over to our nieghbors property (because our beach was blocked) we wadded out into the water and started casting.  This is when I learned my little cousin has never been fishing before, as I am trying to explain how to hold the rod and watch the bobber, the bobber went under, and he jerked it back just like I told him, just a little too hard.  As I am trying to reset his rod somehow my line gets tangled, so bad I had to cut it.  This is when my bobber went under, and I couldnt reel it in because of tangled line.  So I grabbed the end of the line I had just cut and tugged on it, to my surprise it worked, and we hooked our first fish.  I went to remove the hook and drop him in the bucket when I realized we forgot a bucket.  My little cousin splashed across the water and came back with a big red party tub for the fish.  I rest both lines and we both caught fish left and right, except the were little fish and we could not keep them.  I ended up hooking one more small bass (who swallowed the hook), and then called it quits.  All we had to show was the first bass I caught and a dinky little bass with a hook in its mouth.  We went back to the camp, watched a movie, and waited for another of my aunts to show up, then it was off to bed.
The Pine Tree Store