Discovering my own country

Middelburg Travel Blog

Lately I'm discovering my own country. The last 10 years or so I was always abroad. Various places and countries. Nowadays we decided to stay in Holland. Due o the fact that we have both new jobs.

So with car, bike or hike we are checking out the area we live in and move further from there. Every spare minut we have is outside, and boy, what a lot to see. If anyone ever come to holland, you must visit our province Zeeland. That's the southwest part of Holland near to the Nordsea and the Belgium border. With sea, forrest, beaches, dunes and lots of space to hike and bike, there is always something to see for every one. In this journal I will try to give you ideas of where to go to.

Today we went for a stroll along the shores. Did you know that Vlissingen Area is the only place in the world where freight ships sail very very close to trhat shore? ( I will try to file up some Photo's). Well it is. It is quiet there. Childeren playing on the beach. People walking hand in hand enjoying the views and each other's company. Birds flying, sheeps grazing in the fields, butterflies flying and flowers blossem. If you have the change to rent a bike take a tour through the fields. We came to places which we never so before. Along small villages where you can take a beer or grab a bite. And I must say the scenery is beautiful.

We went to a lot of places and cities along the world, mostly europe, but this is a whole new experience. I cannot wait to discover more. Keep you posted.