Five weeks and counting
Washington Travel Blog› entry 1 of 34 › view all entries
Five weeks from tomorrow we are Down Under bound. <urp!> Suddenly, that seems too close for the things I need to do between now and then!
This is a Loose Confederation of Vacationers kinda trip. I will be travelling with husband Jeff, friend Kitty, and friend Rich.
- Rich is going for 2 weeks
- Jeff for 5 weeks
- me for 6 weeks
- Kitty for 8 weeks.
We'll be travelling together some and parting ways some too (hopefully amicably).
Here is the Ozzie plan, to date:
August 9: Fly away, fly away!
August 11: land, land, land! Jet-lag induced sleep!
August 11 - 16: Sydney
August 16 - 20: Uluru (Ayers Rock)
August 20 - 23: Alice Springs
August 24 - 27: Adelaide
August 28 - 31: Melbourne
September 1 - 5: Cairns
September 6 onwards : Brisbane and Cedar Creek
- Camel tours in Uluru
- Henly-on-Todd regatta in Alice Springs (as participants, ideally)
- The Ghan train to Adelaide
- Kangaroo Island
- Wine country outside Adelaide
- Aussie Rules football in Melbourne
- Diving / snorkeling on the Great Barrier Reef
- Spending time with friend Ben and family in Cedar Creek outside Brisbane
- Eating and drinking well everywhere!
We've been planning the trip for 1-1/2 years. It's going to be a fun adventure. I'm refusing to think about the snakes and spiders and jellyfish and crocodiles and every other thing that can kill you in a minute there. Lalalalalalalalala (fingers in ears)