Hard Rock (San Francisco, CA)

San Francisco Travel Blog

Wow, it's been a while since my last Hard Rock visit.  Anyway, I made my way towards San Francisco today on a beautiful day (sunny skies, 65 degrees).  Perfect weather.

Location:
The Hard Rock Cafe in the bay area is nested at Pier 39 (a popular tourist area) located at the entrance of Pier 39
Beach & Embarcadero Streets.  It's known for the view (San Francisco bay, Golden Gate bridge, Bay bridge, and Alcatraz); the shopping (110 stores), and eating joints (11 restaurants). Parking can be a pain to find and it is a little expensive to what I'm used to.  I parked at the Northpoint Shopping Centre parking garage which is a few blocks away from Pier 39.  I paid $18 for roughly 3-hours of parking.

Granted there are cheaper means of getting to Pier 39 using their public transportation system, but I decided to do it the more expensive way...lol!

Food:
Again, no real surprises here.  HRCs offer pretty much the standard menu items with a few things that are different at each HRC.  I ordered the S.O.B. burger and I gotta tell you it was fantastic!  The food prices are more expensive...like everything else in San Francisco but that's to be expected here.

The service was really good mainly because I got there (11:00ish) before the lunch-hour crowd.  I had no complaints here.

Environment:
This is a much smaller Hard Rock Cafe compared to the ones I've been to in the past.  Their dining area extends outdoors for those who choose to eat outside and enjoy the sunny weather.

I sat by the bar to be closer to the drinks.
They have a standard looking Rock Shop there selling the standard HRC souvenir items (apparel, jewelry, drinking glasses/containers, etc).  Naturally, I had to pick up a few things here before leaving.

Overall:
I enoyed it.  Good service, good food, great views, but expensive.  I do recommend it but bring extra cash for toll bridge fees (if coming through the Bay bridge) and parking fees.  I made my way towards Lombard street to test how well I can steer my car through a tight, winding road, and then it was off to the Golden Gate bridge for picture taking.