Hard Rock Cafe (Waikiki, Hawaii)

Waikiki Travel Blog

While visiting Hawaii to take in its beauty and to celebrate my birthday, I stopped by the Hard Rock Cafe.  This HRC was built 6 years ago (the time I'm writing this), since the original HRC was at a different location (the one I went to initially back in the day) was converted into a coffee shop.

Location:
This Hard Rock Cafe is located in downtown Waikiki in Honolulu and is currently the only HRC in Hawaii. There was a HRC in Maui but it no longer exists. Because this HRC is situated downtown, there is a parking garage a few hundred yards from this restaurant if using a rental and need to park somewhere relatively close by. The Rock Shop is located at the main entrance (bottom floor) of the restaurant.

The stairway leads you up to the second floor to where the main dining area and bar is located.

Food:
Standard HRC food menu items with a few items that you can only get here in Hawaii like a Surf Burger.  I was in the mood for the big cheeseburger along with some Dos Equis to wash it down with.  A good menu selection of food and drink items for any palette.

- Rock Shop: I spoke to one chick who was extremely cheerful and friendly. Her name is Kiana and we conversed a little about the HRC here in Hawaii. She gave some good trivia information about how Bruno Mars' Dad performs at this HRC on a normal basis which was interesting to hear but not surprising.

- Restaurant: The service was good as one would expect.
I arrived just as they opened up at 11 am before the lunch crowd so you get more of the individualized attention as you would any restaurant without the large crowd.

Environment:
I love the layout of this HRC. They do have a very large open-concept and spacious layout where the bar is at one end and the stage is located on the opposite end of the dining area and decorated similarly like all the other HRCs. Since I arrived early, I was seated near the balcony side of the dining area and could feel the cool breeze of the tradewinds and the general ambience of the city. There are quite a few shopping places to go to nearby from souvenir shops to the more high end stores like Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Prada, Coach, etc.

Overall:
I enoyed it. Good service, good food yet a little pricey, along with fantastic scenery inside and out! I highly recommend this HRC if you are ever visiting the island of paradise!

Waikiki