In the apartment

Seattle Travel Blog

I am in my new apartment and very happy about that!!!! I got in around 7:00pm on Wednesday night and unloaded my car. Yesterday I unpacked and headed out grocery shopping and then to K-mart. Today the internet person came over and set up my internet (which I am thrilled about).

All I need to do now is get a job, have the roommate move in, and get some furniture. I am currently sleeping a queen size air mattress and I have one camping chair. That would be it for the furniture. My butt is starting to hurt from sitting on the floor. Oh well, I can always move to my bed if I need to.

So, how did I get from Japan to Washington? Good question. Here is the answer. My good friend Andrea (who I lived next to in Japan) was planning on moving back to the United States at the same time I was. She is from Florida and doesn’t like the heat; I am from Wisconsin and I don’t like the cold. Andrea started talking about places with a climate kind of like the area we were living in and Seattle came up. We started looking into it and decided that it would be a good place to move to. She of course needed a roommate and I was up for the adventure of moving to a new state. So here I am…in Seattle, Washington.

photo by: diisha392