Leavenworth

Leavenworth Travel Blog

A Fudge Shop!

Yesterday, Andrea and I went to Leavenworth with some of my train buddies (Jeff, Cindy, and Mary). We rode up in Jeff’s truck because we were driving through one of the mountain passes. They weren’t a big deal because there was no snow. If there was snow my car probably wouldn’t have made it. Anyway, Leavenworth is a small Bavarian Village that is two and a half hours from Seattle. Jeff and Cindy’s morning train buddies were camping up there and we decided that it would be fun to visit them and the town.

The campsite was pretty nice. People who stay there can rent little go-carts to get from one end of the campground to the next. In true Washington fashion there is a little espresso stand so people can get their mochas, cappuccinos, and other drinks. There also is a pool. For the most part there is a bit of distance between the camp sites. The cabins look really nice. Jeff, Cindy, Mary, Andrea, and I are thinking about getting one or two next year for the trip.

Leavenworth is in one of the mountain valleys and is a beautiful town. All of the stores have a Bavarian look to them and sale a wide variety of items. We saw John Wayne toilet paper, chocolate shops, an art gallery with Thomas Kinkaid work, cheese and sausage shops, and a shop with everything your pet could want. I spent most of my time looking for chocolate and fudge (which I found and ate).

Horse and Cart