Day 4 of My Alberta Adventure

Calgary Travel Blog

Day 4 of my Alberta Adventure. I get up this morning feeling great from the day before. I have a cheese sandwich for breakfast this morning, breakfast of champions.  To day I want to see some history, so I am off to the city of drumheller alberta .

This spot is where there is a famous Dinosaur museum.
I head east out of town onto the Main hwy, then off the main hwy and follow for an hour and I get to drumheller alberta . The road from here goes down into a valley where the city is located.

For more information on this area. check www.traveldrumheller.com.

I drive in the town a and make it to the centre of town, there is a huge T-Rex on display here. It is quite amazing, bring your whole family here and check it out.

From here I make it to the
Royal Tyrrell Museum which is a huge display of old dinosaurs.
The first thing to do at the Royal Tyrrell is walk through the galleries and marvel at the amazing displays and exhibits that highlight millions of years of our Earth's history This place has many fully restored dinosaur skeletons. From T-rex to the smaller guys to early reptiles. Quite the place. AS well you can look into an actual Lab of where research is actually taking place, very neat!

Some of the exhibits here listed are : Cretaceous Alberta
Age of Mammals
Preparation Lab
Cretaceous Garden

Come check it out.

Then it was lunch time, I went and ate a primitive meal at the cafeteria here. Which was just a cheese sandwich and milk, costing me too much money.

Then I left the building and took a view from the lookout point from outside. It is a large area.

I take off out of the town and start to head back to Calgary. On route back I stop at a major lookout area of the Badlands. The Badland are very cool and rocky from earlier times, an old sea or something was once here. Check out my photos for a first hand view of everything. If i had better shoes with me, I would go for a hike or something.

I make it back into town and make today a lazy day, I go for a drive in the suburbs for awhile then back to hotel for rest and relaxation.

I head out to downtown later today and go for a walk along the river, it is a nice day and many many people are out running and rollerblading. I walk for over an hour and enjoy the immediate area. Very nice.

This evening, I just have a poor man's supper at A and W at Chinook mall, of a teen burger and fries and mountain dew. I head back to hotel for a quiet evening around the tv.
Stay tuned for tomorrow for big day of rafting.
ik-ben-10eke says:
I really liked the looks of the badlands, something old it has. Did u happen to see the hoodoos as well?
I was impressed by them. And I do wonder if the swinging bridge is still there, not that I ever want to cross it again... suffering from fertigo :(
Posted on: Jul 12, 2009