Easy pickings for a pick pocketer?

Qingdao Travel Blog

Hi all ,well this is my 5th day here and due to my out of sinc body im far awake ahead of anyone else in the house ,so here i am.

Im a market stroler ,i like markets and knick knack shops much more than a mall or some branded outlet area. So my gf's parents take us to one of the big markets here in QD thats not a tourist market and see what cool things are on for sale that might take my fancy.

I consider myself travelled enough through asia to know about the security of my bag ,my wallet and other such valubles and not a nieve traveller by any means. Yesterday i seemed to have a budding young theif in my midst who thought i might be an easy meal ticket. Ill put it this way ..anyone who can get my wallet is welcomed to it and there talents a greatly deserving of it! ..I was unaware that i was being followed as me and my gf were in front and my gf's parents were trailing us by a metre or so. They noticed that every stall i stoped at ,this aspiring young oportunist would be there inching closer & closer to my day pack untill my gf's mum inderictley intervenes and puts herself between my bag and the fleet footed young man ..then he leaves empty handed and maybe a bit dissapointed.

. ..Maybe im a positive thinker and tell myself it wont happen to me ..whats the chance? But still very very cautious where i store my valubles! ,haha well ,it shows that China is a breeding ground for young "up & comming" would be pick pockets as this market is not a tourist market what so ever! and it happens alot here than some might say ,in other places in Asia.

It comes as no supprise to me that i was being followed as it does happen ,hes welcome to have a try .With my wallet, camera & other valubles where they are ...Am i an easy target for a pick pocketer ? .Im pretty confident that im not! .

At best ..hes welcome to my empty sunglass case.