Last Full Day

At sea off US East Coast Travel Blog

I'm definitely getting a cold or something so I slept poorly. We finally dragged ourselves out of bed around 9:00 & had breakfast in the Windjammer. After breakfast, we did a little shopping, then went back to the room. I did some editing of my diary, and then tried to take a nap while Linda read on the deck. Eventually Lin went down to finish the shopping & “invest” in the casino. Because of the noise, I eventually gave up on the nap & was headed topside in my bathing suit when Lin retuned. I threw on some clothes & we had lunch in the Windjammer. By the time we were ready to sit on deck, deck chairs were pretty scarce. We tried for a spot at the Solarium pool but they were all taken so we settled down in shadow of the stack on 10.

One thing that continues to bug me on cruises is that people stake out chairs & leave them unoccupied for hours at a time.

Eventually, we bowed to the inevitable, packed the bags & dressed, then went to the final show. Just before we went down, I ran on deck with the GPS. We were 24 miles East of Hatteras. It was 6:30. After the show, we went to the Schooner for Fred's last show. After dinner, we returned to the Schooner where the jazz band was playing. This was a group made up from the ship's orchestra & they were absolutely fantastic! Fred sat in with them for a couple of numbers, and then sat with Lin & me. It was tough to do but we gave up & headed for bed when the band took a break at 12. When we looked from our balcony, we could see a very well-lit shoreline not far away. I ran up again with the GPS & found we were less than 5 miles from Virginia Beach.

Fred Potvin and Linda