First day at Sea

At sea off US East Coast Travel Blog

Lin slept well but i didn't. Got up at 7:00, checked e-mail, staked out a place at the pool & had breakfast in the Windjammer. We alternated a bit between the main pool & the Solarium pool but settled on the latter because the main pool was a zoo.

Lin left for a while but I hung in until about 12:30 when we got changed & had lunch in the dining room. I had Cajun catfish & it was pretty good. We decided to go for the crème bruleé but it had apparently only been under the flame for a millisecond. Too bad! Ate with Joel and Tammy from Marlton, NJ & Opal from NY.

After lunch, I sat by the pool & Lin took a nap in the cabin. (It occurs to me that I seem to write that sentence a LOT in these diaries. There seems to be a pattern there!) Eventually I returned to the cabin but Lin was still sleeping so I read on the balcony. Woke Lin about 6:30, we got dressed, had formal portraits taken & had a drink in the Schooner. They had a pianist there who was fantastic! Who should show up to fill the empty seats at the table but Opal and her daughter, Yasmin.

I had beef tenderloin & it was only mediocre so Lenin brought me some duck. That was delicious! The head waiter found me some Roquefort for desert.

The show was a Broadway review & it was quite good. We also went to an adults-only comedy show at 12:15. Finally got to bed a bit after 1:00.

At sea off US East Coast