Mui Ne

Mui Ne Travel Blog

Sunrise in Mui Ne
I woke up early to watch the sunrise, so at about 6 I left my hut and walked over to the beach. The beach was completely empty besides the fishermen in the water with their nets. The only sounds were the waves coming onto shore. The water was pretty still so early so everything was calm and peaceful. I waited for about 1/2 and hour and I watched the sky turn from dark blue to orange to yellow. It was absolutely gorgeous.

When the sun was fully up, i decided to walk down the beach. It seemed almost endless until I got to a point that was just too rocky, then i had to turn around. On my way back, the fishermen had come to shore and were checking out their catch. I was surprised to see that they weren't in boats at all.

Since it was still early, i went back to my hut and waited for the rest of the resort to wake up.
Spa services

We decided that we would take advantage of the spa services that the resort had to offer and opted for a whole day spa treatment. We started off with steam room and dry sauna. Then we were taken into a room and given body scrubs, gotta get that dead layer of skin off. Then to keep our skin dry, we were given a mud treatments and wrapped in a plastic sheet. While we were in the sheet, we were given facial mud mask. After a shower to take the mud off, we were put into a warm outdoor bath infused with flowers. The bath overlooked the garden and I laid there watching the palm trees sway in the wind and they gave us tea to enjoy. Next was our facials. They used 4-5 different scrubs and moisturizers while massaging our faces. Then we had our hot rock massage.
Moonlight at the resort
This was probably the best massage ever. The masseuse knew exactly what areas to work on. Then we had our hair washed and given a scalp massage. Not my favorite, but i tolerated it. Last but not least we had manicures and pedicures. Along with that came the hand rub and foot rub. What a great, relaxing day. With all the traveling, sitting in cars and sleeping in unfamiliar beds, this was a great treat to get the body back to normal!

After that fabulous spa treatment, we decided to walk into town (which is only 1 street) and have dinner. We stopped at a little family run place which served amazing food that was incredibly fresh.

Being stuffed from our meal and relaxed from our spa treatment, we decided to go back to the resort and call it a night.

Being stuffed from dinner, we decided to call it a night and head back to the resort.
Sunrise over the South China Sea