Exploring Saigon

Ho Chi Minh City Travel Blog

Cho Ben Thanh Market
Today we walked around in Saigon and were pleasantly surprised by the stores and shops that were within walking distance. Ben Thanh Market was across the street from our hotel. The market is a must see for anyone who visits Saigon. There are a bunch of shops selling clothing, exotic fruits and souvenirs. This was my first experience eating a durian. The taste of the durian is acquired and those I have spoken to either really love it or really hate it. There's no in between. I was skeptical at first, not really knowing what to expect, but I really enjoyed it. I also enjoyed the fresh litchi, jack fruit and star apple.

We then explored the rest of the city and settled on the rooftop bar at the hotel Rex. We shared a bottle of wine, the first on our trip, and we were pleased by our purchase and with a perfect sunset, we couldn't ask for anything better.

We had dinner at the outside market and had beef cooked on top of a clay tile. It was pretty amazing. Who would have thought meat cooked on roofing material would tast so good.

The nightlife in Saigon is amazing, there are so many young people walking around and enjoying themselves. This place never seems to sleep, it's great!
Fish Market