At Sea

St. Lawrence River Travel Blog

Eunice and Linda

Since we were now in the St. Lawrence, the sea was much calmer. We slept until almost 10, then had breakfast in the Windjammer. Afterwards, we went to the Vortex to read/work but then were a bunch of women yakking loudly so we moved around a bit, finally landing in the Schooner to listen to the string trio. At about 1:00, we headed for the main dining room for lunch. Service was absolutely horrible & my Cajun catfish was totally flavorless. However, we got to meet Ron & Harriet & had a nice chat. They're with a group of 50 Asian-American's from Northern California. Also at the table were 3 Canadian women who gave us some tips on Quebec.

After lunch, I went to a good-but-basic photography lecture, then sat in the Vortex to write until chased out for a private party.

Gloria and Alan
I moved to the room to finish up and Lin returned and... you guessed it... slept!

Tonight was formal night again. Since we didn't like the first batch, we met the folks at 7:00 for portraits, then met the others for drinks & dancing in the Centrum. Eunice was well enough to join us. At dinner, I had trouble deciding between sea bass & rack of lamb so Eugenia brought me both. Same for Linda. Euginia is clearly the best server we’ve ever had on any cruise. We learned that her husband Pierre, also a waiter on the ship, is French and is trained as a pastry chef. If I hit the PowerBall, I’d like to track them down and hire them both!

The show was another production show. It was great but we were both falling asleep so when it was over, we hit the rack.

Linda and me