Rainy St. John

Saint John Travel Blog

Interesting night. The fog was like pea soup & the wind was absolutely howling. We had the balcony door open all night as usual and the sounds of the wind & foghorn were really neat! I'd set the alarm for 8:30 but when it rang it was still miserable out so I turned it off and went back to bed. It was still raining when we left the ship at 10:00. Fortunately, St. John has a number of buildings connected by a walkway so we entered at the Market Square and walked though to Brunswick Square Mall and the City Market. By that time the rain had stopped so we walked to Trinity Anglican Church for a look around and were greeted by a very pleasant & knowledgeable guide with whom we had a pleasant chat.

We had lunch at Keystone Kelly's at Market Square. My lobster was very good but, again, tiny. After lunch, we returned to the ship & both took a nap. When we awoke it was sunny & we were about to pull out.

After getting dressed for dinner, we had to report to the Safari Club to be cleared by US Border Security. Of course, we had drinks with the gang before dinner. Afterwards, Lin & I went to the Vortex but the "Romantic Dancing" wasn't so romantic. We took a quick, picture-taking tour through the buffet and went to bed.

It might have been the lousy weather but this is another town that didn't press my hot button.  We did some wandering around but, with the exception of a nice visit to Trinity Church, didn't see much to turn our heads.  As I say, it was probably just a reaction to the miserable weather.
Saint John