Last day in Budapest

Budapest Travel Blog

Chain Bridge
We were drawing our European vacation to a close. We had to leave to go back home the next morning. Naturally we'd have to spend some time with the family before leaving. Fortunately we had the whole day to spend going back and visiting some of our favorite places.

The day started off cold and little wet. Besides today and the our first day in Budapest, we've been very lucky with nice sunny weather. This did not stop us. Despite the rain we drove to the Great Market and were able to find a parking space quite easily. At the Market we were able to buy some last minute souvenirs and have a little lunch. Then we walked through the Vaci Utca and did a little more shopping. We got back into the car and crossed the Chain Bridge to the Buda side. Drove to the Castle District and the Castle. Passed the Citadel, Freedom Bridge and the Gellert Hotel and drove back across the Elizabeth Bridge to the Pest side. Our few hours left to spend in the city went by too fast and I knew as soon as I left, I was going to miss it.

These were just of few of my favorite sites in Budapest. I really fell in love with the city during my visit. I loved the city's charm and history, the architecture of the buildings, the restaurants, bars and coffee houses. I loved how I could get around the city by walking, or if someplace was too far could take one of the trolleys or a cab. There were a few places that I didn't get a chance to see, i'll just leave them for the the next trip.
Great Market Hall